In recent assignments, NewTechHaven consulting teams completed critical problem-solving projects that helped to accelerate growth and/or secure a new round of funding:
- • a healthcare industry technology device developer,
- • a major nonprofit organization, a cloud-based technology startup,
- • a global subscription app, and a web-based retail merchant.
In many cases, we also provided on-site, hands-on, affordable staffing and real-world experience for our student Associate Business Consultants. These included:
Generating and Meeting Demand
Developing and executing a formal CRM system for a healthcare technology hardware manufacturing company. This program included;
- • development of a targeted positioning and messaging strategy,
- • streamlining and digitizing the existing list of customer prospects,
- • staffing and support at the major industry trade show, and
- • follow-up CRM communications including emails, personal phone calls, webinars, and on-site presentations.
Simultaneously, NewTechHaven led the recruiting effort for the firm’s engineering and manufacturing head, who, when hired, made significant improvements to quality, manufacturing, and distribution, unlocking bottlenecks and assuring that the new customers would not be disappointed. The significant success of the program accomplished three overriding business goals: accelerating growth, stabilizing the company’s short-term financial situation, and providing a track record to facilitate the latest, successful ($2.5 million) round of fund-raising.
Defining a detailed three-year strategic plan for entering an entirely new (to the company) vertical or industry segment, of equal size and promise to the current target. This included
- • identifying the new vertical according to size and demonstrated need for the company’s primary products,
- • detailed analysis of the target industry, leveraging the NewTechHaven network to complete interviews with experienced players in that industry,
- • development of a new positioning and messaging strategy, creating an outbound marketing effort consisting of trade shows, blog posts, speaking engagements, digital marketing, etc.
Creating a detailed market analysis, pro forma P&L and staffing plan, and official grant request letter for a major nonprofit organization. The organization’s key challenge, in a world of shrinking government and grant budgets, was to invest grant money into development of a profit-generating enterprise to fund its many community service programs. The NewTechHaven team identified a range of previously -untapped opportunities for revenue generation, price leadership, and energy cost management. Once the decision to pursue that avenue was made, NewTechHaven helped put the “partnership” team together and provided a feasibility report.
Creating a new targeting, messaging, and value proposition strategy for a cloud-based, B2B technology company. The NewTechHaven solution emphasized focusing marketing and sales efforts on high priority targets with a message aimed squarely at customer and user benefits, rather than technology features.
Identifying – and arranging initial meetings with – a range of qualified, potential business partners and customers for a device-driven technology startup. NewTechHaven’s Executive Team was able to leverage existing relationships with major companies interested in the technology while our Student Associate Business Consultants developed the detailed analytical foundation for the ensuing pitches and negotiations.
Developing detailed industry and consumer opportunity data to provide credibility to the next round financing document for a web-based retailer.
Organizing a detailed business plan and orchestrating a series of meetings and alliances with major developers and municipalities to assist a nonprofit foundation begin actual development of a multi-million-dollar community service facility.